However, Hennessey team isn’t pleased with just 650 HP, so they’ve upped the ante with the release of the HPE700.
Hennessey’s HPE700 program, just like the HPE650 program, offers a breathtaking horsepower improvement, which might seem over-the-top considering the Boss 302 already has 440 ponies in tow.
The Mustang Boss 302, in standard form, features a 5.0-liter V8 engine that produces 440 horsepower and 380 lb/ft of torque and that’s pretty impresive, Hennessey wants more. Well, Hennessey‘s expertise on engine tuning – one that includes their new TVS2300 supercharger system – the Mustang Boss 302’s output shoots up the charts to a beastly height of 700 horsepower. In addition, the tuning company also offers a new air-to-water intercooler, a fuel system upgrade, a throttle body upgrade, a fuel injector upgrade, and a new strut tower brace.
Hennessey were focused on power, so the whole exterior and interior set-up of the car is similar to the Boss 302 HPE650. Still, there are the carbon fiber door sill covers, the plethora of exterior Hennessey badging, a serial numbered dash and engine plaques, and of course, the premium floor mats. As added options, Hennessey will provide a special carbon fiber Laguna Seca splitter and the company’s own wheel and tire package.
As for the pricing, Hennessey’s HPE700 package for the Mustang Boss 302 cost $19,995 and adding the $40,995 cost of the car itself, you’re looking at shelling out over $60,000.
• 700 bhp @ 7,000 rpm
HPE700 Supercharged Upgrade Includes:
• TVS2300 Supercharger System
• Supercharger Pulley Upgrade
• Air to Water Intercooler
• High Flow Air Induction
• High Flow Throttle Body Upgrade
• High Flow Fuel Injector Upgrade
• Boost-A-Pump Fuel System Upgrade
• Hennessey Strut Tower Brace
• Side Exhaust Bypass Opened
• All Necessary Gaskets & Fluids
• Professional Installation
• HPE Engine Management Calibration
• Dyno Tuning & Road Testing
• Hennessey HPE700 Exterior Badging
• Serial-Numbered Dash & Engine Plaques
• Hennessey Carbon Fiber Door Sills
• Hennessey Premium Floor Mats
• 3 Year / 36,000 Mile Limited Warranty
Source: Hennessey Performance