The 2014 Jaguar F-Type Roadster Car : A trend-setter likely to redefine the consumer preference for a Convertible Coupe as a sports car.
“KUDOS” to Design Team at renowned British auto maker Jaguar.
They have marshaled your resources very well by combining the reliability of British Technology inputs with innovation and creativity in designing the all-new 2014 Jaguar F-Type Roadster Sports Car.
They have attracted the attention of the sports car buyers now with a flavor of universally acceptable exterior and interior design features of the “ROADSTER” as a departure from the traditional British viewpoint displayed in the past years.
The E-type Jaguar of the 20th century design will be remembered for years to come. Now, the F-type has arrived with 21st century design concepts and will gain popularity in foreseeable future.
The motoring enthusiast scouting for a sports car coupe with a convertible roof option for driving pleasure of a kind is likely to prefer the F-type over its German and other competitor’s makes / models.
A highly competitive end-user price tag of the F-type can also find favor from female buyers who are likely to influence the option of a “ROADSTER” as a second car in the family sporting its simple but sexy design concept, a electrically motored convertible fabric roof and, an elegant coupe Body shell to enhance driving pleasure and comfort, both.
The exterior design of the all aluminum body shell F-type Jaguar has one striking similarity with the earlier E-type – the sleek and aerodynamic front box with the engine compartment.
The newly designed rectangular front grill is its hallmark. The Two door driver’s seating box merges aggressively with the Front end and of the body shell and curves in stylishly with sexy looking curves of the rear box that houses the motorized folding roof when opened followed by the luggage boot and the appropriately styled rear end of this coupe.
The F-type uses Aluminum to get the advantage of lower weight compared to steel without compromising on the Safety features of the integrated chassis and body shell.
The use of modern technology inputs combine with the traditional British Standards to give torsional and unified rigidity to the structure of the car and ensure Driver/Passenger Safety and Comfort with the expertise of the design team of the Jaguar F-type giving outstanding maneuverability to this car.
The F-type Jaguar hosts the following special features that will make this “ROADSTER” coupe popular in the prevailing as well as the emerging markets worldwide:
1. Option of choosing the desired engine unit. The F-type offers the following three versions of Engine units – each one being unique in performance compared to competition. The versions are 3.0 litre supercharged engines in V6 & 5.0 litre supercharged engine in V8 configuration.
2. The F-Type V-6 models are easily identified by their dual center-mounted exhaust pipes.
3. The F-Type V-8 model has exhaust emission quad pipes, arranged two per side.
4. The F-type basic version has a 3.0 litre supercharged V 6 engine producing 335 HP and the car can accelerate from zero to 100 km/h in 5.3 seconds.
5. The F-type S version also a 3.0 litre supercharged V 6 engine producing 375 HP, with which the car will accelerate from zero to 100 km/h in 4.9 seconds.
6. The F-type V8 version with a 5.0 litre supercharged V 8 engine producing 488 HP, accelerates from zero to 100 km/h in 4.3 seconds.
7. Each F-Type features a ZF eight-speed automatic transmission with Quick Shift which are useful in faster gear shift. The V6 S model uses mechanical limited slip differential.
8. The F-type V8 version is fitted with an electronic differential to maximize traction for performance needs and under severe weather conditions with drizzle, snow fall or icy roads.
9. The F-Type will be a convertible coupe. The Fabric Roof is electrically operated Z-fold cloth roof that takes about 12 seconds to open or close.
10. Base curb weight is around 3,500 pounds. Use of Aluminum in the integrated body with monocoque chassis and composite materials for the trunk lid. The trunk volume is about seven cubic feet.
11. All models are fitted with flush door handles, All trim levels use a deployable rear spoiler to aid stability.
The F-type 2014 model Jaguar convertible coupe will enjoy consumer acceptance for years to come. A word of caution for the intelligent Jaguar Design Team, to review customer feedback on comfort, performance and user controls for upgrading the F-type to the next level.
Tags: jaguar f type , paris auto show , jaguar f-type , jaguar f type coupe , paris motor show , f type jaguar , jaguar f type paris motor show , paris auto show 2012 , 2014 jaguar f type coupe