50,000 Chevrolet Bolt owners in US urged to park outside over fire risks

David BondChevrolet4 years ago1 Views

U.S. auto safety regulators have urged about 50,000 owners of General Motors’ electric Chevrolet Bolt vehicles that were recalled in 2020 to park outside and away from homes after charging due to the fire risks.

Earlier on Wednesday, General Motors made the same recommendation and added owners should not leave vehicles charging overnight. The recommendation was made after the automaker said it was investigating reports of two latest fires in vehicles that were recalled in November over fire risks.

The 50,000 U.S. Chevrolet Bolt electric vehicles, from the 2017-2019 model years. were recalled for the possibility of an unattended fire.

National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) started an investigation in October into the Bolt fires, the agency noted Wednesday and continues to review the information received and is looking into these recent fires.

NHTSA said owners should park outside indefinitely even if they have had the software update.

0 Votes: 0 Upvotes, 0 Downvotes (0 Points)

Leave a reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

ALL CATEGORIES
Join Us
  • Facebook27.6K
  • Twitter (X)16.1K
  • Pinterest5.7k
  • YouTube13.1k
  • Instagram18.9K

Stay Informed With the Latest & Most Important Automotive News

Advertisement

Follow
Trending
Popular 30 Days
Loading

Signing-in 3 seconds...

Signing-up 3 seconds...

SpeedLux
Privacy Overview

This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful.