Great Wall Motor withdraws interest in Nissan plant in Spain

David BondGreat WallNissan4 years ago3 Views

Chinese automaker Great Wall Motor has withdrawn its interest in taking over Nissan’s major plant in Barcelona, Spain, which is set to shut by year-end, the Spanish government and Nissan unions said on Monday.

GWM has not commented on the report.

Coming just weeks before Nissan’s three Barcelona plants that are set to close, the decision of GWM is a blow to officials and leaves the fate of around 1,600 direct jobs up in the air.

GWM was the major contender to take over the largest factory.

While GWM never made their plan for the factory public, the sources had reported in October that GMW studying the potential of the plant.

The Industry Ministry said the Chinese automaker had said it would not proceed with the project. Last week, national and regional officials sent an improved proposal when GWM reportedly doubted its initial interest in the plant.

Another meeting on the plant will take place on December 17 to discuss striking a deal by the end of the year with other potential investors.

0 Votes: 0 Upvotes, 0 Downvotes (0 Points)

Leave a reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

ALL CATEGORIES
Join Us
  • Facebook27.6K
  • Twitter (X)16.1K
  • Pinterest5.7k
  • YouTube13.1k
  • Instagram18.9K

Stay Informed With the Latest & Most Important Automotive News

Advertisement

Follow
Trending
Popular 30 Days
Loading

Signing-in 3 seconds...

Signing-up 3 seconds...

SpeedLux
Privacy Overview

This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful.