Peugeot has recently announced pricing details for the second generation 308 for UK.
Having shortlisted for the “2014 European Car of the Year” title, the new Peugeot 308 can now be ordered in United Kingdom for a starting price of 14,495 GBP if you opt for the base Access trim. Next is Active from 17,195 GBP, followed by Allure at 18,645 GBP and the range-topping Feline which starts at 20,995 GBP.
The model is up to 140 kg (308 lbs) lighter compared to its predecessor and offers a 420-liter boot which represents the highest figure in this segment. The cabin is equipped with Peugeot’s controversial “i-Cockpit” interior with a big 9.7-inch touchscreen display from where the driver can have access to all controls.
Depending on trim level, engine offerings vary and include the following options:
• 1.2 VTI 82 5-speed manual
• 1.2 e-THP 110 5-speed manual stop-start
• 1.6 THP 125 6-speed manual
• 1.6 HDi 92 5-speed manual
• 1.6 e-HDi 115 6-speed manual (and stop-start)
• 1.6 BlueHDi 120 6-speed manual stop-start
• 2.0 BlueHDi 150 6-speed manual (and automatic) stop-start
Optional features include 18-inch Saphir alloy wheels, ultrasonic alarm, panoramic cielo glass roof with interior blind, Peugeot Open & Go system, Driver Assistance Pack, blind spot monitoring system and front fog lights.