While the development work is still going on, the 2014 Porsche Macan was spied recently undergoing hot weather testing.
Covered with its routine camouflage, the Porsche Macan is expected to be placed below the Cayenne and compete with some of the fine models like the Audi Q5, BMW X3/ X4 and Mercedes GLK.
Details about the engine are not confirmed as of now, but the options that are expected to include are:
• A 2.0-liter TFSI four-cylinder with output of 237 hp (177 kW) and 258 lb-ft (349 Nm) of torque
• A 3.0-liter TFSI V6 with output of 288 hp (215 kW) and 295 lb-ft (400 Nm) of torque
• A twin-turbo 3.0-liter V6 with power of 345 hp (257 kW)
• A 2.0-liter TDI four-cylinder with output of 187 hp (139 kW) and 258 lb-ft (349 Nm) of torque
• A 3.0-liter TDI V6 with output of 261 hp (195 kW) and 369 lb-ft (500 Nm) of torque
We can also expect a hybrid variant to be developed which will share its powertrain with the Audi Q5 Hybrid. The Porsche Macan is slated to go into the production version later this year and could be unveiled at the Los Angeles Auto Show.