The A-Class comes with a few newly developed properties
Earlier spotted testing a number of times, luxury automaker Mercedes-Benz has finally announced that the company will release A-Class in the US market in 2018.
Britta Seeger, Global Sales Chief of Mercedes-Benz, stated that the A-Class is set to go on sale next fall as the brand’s entry-level model in the country.
Previously in October, Mercedes was caught testing the sedan and had provided the first images and other information about the new generation A-Class.
The new car, which is expected to make its debut at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show, is surely to come to India by before 2019 would start and it would be priced at Rs 31.96 lakh.
Mercedes on its website noted: “The A-Class has the best drag coefficient (cd value) in its segment. Every line and every surface has been aerodynamically optimized. It doesn’t just look captivatingly dynamic, it also reduces fuel consumption and driving noise.”
The A-Class includes a recently developed 4-cylinder power plant with a displacement of 1.6 litres, direct petrol injection, variable valve timing and a turbocharger offer, the website noted.
The upcoming model is going to be the fourth-generation model, but it’s still based on the MFA platform with significant amount of revisions like – use of lightweight aluminium parts for weight decrease and structural rigidity.
Exterior of A-Class includes:
- 43.2 cm (17-inch) 5-spoke light-alloy wheels painted black with high-sheen finish
- Diamond radiator grille in high-gloss black, louvre painted in vehicle colour with chrome insert
- Beltline trim strip in black
- Chrome-plated trim strip in the front bumper
- Panoramic sliding sunroof
- LED High Performance Headlamps
- Rear windscreen wipers
- “Night Edition” Badge
- Black mirror housing
Interiors of A-Class would feature:
- Sports seats upholstered in ARTICO man-made leather
- Seat Comfort package, including adjustable seat length
- Honeycomb-look trim
- Air outlets with surround and cruciform nozzle in silver chrome
- High-gloss black light switch with ring in silver chrome
- Cover on stowage compartment in center console
- Multifunction holder in the center console
- 3-spoke multifunction steering wheel with 12 control buttons
- Reversing camera
- Rear center armrest
- Audio 20 CD including pre-installation for Garmin MAPPILOT
- High-resolution Media Display with a diagonal of 20.3 cm (8 inches)
- Smartphone integration package comprising Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
In the US, the upcoming A-Class could cost as much as $30,000.