Featuring all-new technology with the correct vintage look, Pirelli Collezione tires breathe new life and performance into the world’s most beloved classic cars
New Cinturato CA67 tire size released
Pirelli is proud to announce deliveries of the Pirelli Collezione – a dedicated tire range for classic and vintage car enthusiasts that infuses Pirelli’s new, technologically advanced compounds into classic tire sizes. Available for historic models dating back to the ’50s, Pirelli Collezione combines new technology with the correct period look to create a classic car owner’s dream – allowing peak performance on today’s street or track while still paying homage to the car’s original character and authenticity. This includes a brand new size for the Cinturato CA67 tire (175 R400 89H) just unveiled in tribute to Pirelli and Lancia Flaminia’s 60th anniversary, which this tire first equipped back in 1957.
Drawing on its own 140-year heritage as a world leader in motorsport and high-performance tires for the most prestigious automotive brands, the Pirelli Collezione represents an exciting offering for any vintage car aficionado. Fitting many iconic car designs from the 1950s to the 1970s, and select vehicles from more than twenty years ago, the Pirelli Collezione caters to many of the top classic and vintage car models throughout history. Examples of fitments include a number of Ferraris, the Mercedes 300SL, Lamborghini Miura, VW Beetle and the Porsche 911 range.
In particular, the range serves the air-cooled Porsche community, with five homologated Porsche sizes among the Pirelli Collezione with the Cinturato CN36 and P7 compounds. These tires were built in close collaboration with Porsche and were factory homologated to create the ‘perfect fit’ in terms of style and technical performance.
To develop the Pirelli Collezione range, Pirelli engineers used the same parameters as the vehicle engineers employed during the tire design process, researching the marque’s archives and original equipment This was done to faithfully recreate the tire characteristics that complement each car’s original suspension set-up and dynamics, resulting in the ‘perfect fit’ tire for contemporary driving situations.
New materials enhance the classic tires’ original construction and detailing, such as Pirelli’s motorsport-derived, high-performance nylon in the dual-ply carcass, and high-tensile steel wire in the bead geometry. Combined with a dedicated undertread compound, Pirelli Collezione tires ultimately offer greater grip and water expulsion for a safer driving experience. The tire tread compounds also conform to the latest environmental standards (unlike their original counterparts). From a design perspective, the tires retain the original sidewall lettering to maintain authenticity down to the smallest details.
The Pirelli Collezione product range has upgraded Pirelli’s iconic tire designs of the past with many new technological benefits. The full range includes:
1) The Cinturato CA67 – ’50s – The first textile belted radial tire developed by Pirelli, it contains all-new materials in the classic shape: four longitudinal grooves in the ‘a greca’ style with a cut shoulder and wide siping. It fits iconic cars like the Aston Martin DB5, Ferrari 250 GT and Mercedes 300SL “Gullwing”.
Pricing: From $273-397 per tire (varies by size)
2) The Cinturato CN72 – ’60s – The CN72 tire tread pattern was developed for standard high-profile sizes, originally equipping the entire Ferrari range, Maserati 4000 and 5000, and other models.
The “new” CN72 can be fit on models such as the Aston Martin DB6, Ferrari Daytona, Lamborghini Miura P400 and the original Maserati Ghibli, to name a few.
Pricing: $423 per tire
3) The Cinturato CN36 – ’60s – Created in 1968 specifically for the Fiat Dino, the CN36 was Pirelli’s first standard production steel radial tire. It was HR rated with notable sport features that marked Pirelli’s re-entry into rallies, including an ability to absorb impact and prevent aquaplaning. Once again, the CN36 has been repurposed with new technology as part of Pirelli Collezione. It is available in various sizes to equip cars such as the Porsche 911, Ferrari Dino, Fiat Dino and the Mercedes 280 range.
Pricing: From $253-409 per tire (varies by size)
4) The Cinturato CN12 – ’70s – This tire features a tread pattern created for low-profile sizes after the commercialization of 60- and 70-profile tire sizes. It was fitted to vehicles such as the Lamborghini Miura and Maserati Bora. It also fits the Aston Martin DB4, Jaguar E-Type, and others.
Pricing: From $412-464 per tire (varies by size)
5) The Cinturato P7 – ’70s – Launched in 1976, this tire was an important innovation for the racing world with its nylon, zero-degree belt and ultra-low profile geometry. As part of Pirelli Collezione, the revamped P7 tire can fit the Porsche 911 G models, including the Carrera Coupe.
Pricing: From $297-332 per tire (varies by size)
6) The Cinturato P5 – ’70s – Developed for Jaguar in the late ’70s to equip its luxury sedans, today it can equip those same cars, including the classic Jaguar XJ40 model.
Pricing: $445 per tire
7) P7 CORSA Classic range (wet and dry versions available) – Finally, for motorsport, the P7 Corsa Classic range breathes new life into historic rallying by combining Pirelli’s latest tire structure and tread pattern with the traditional sidewall appearance. The P7 delivers maximum performance in greater safety. Car fitments for this range include the Ferrari 308, Fiat 131 Abarth, Audi Quattro GrB and many more…
Pricing: From $236-473 per tire (varies by size)
Where to buy:
– Pirelli P Zero World, the Brand’s Flagship Showroom in Los Angeles
– Porsche US Dealer Network (for the five Porsche-homologated N-spec CN36 and P7 sizes only)