Renault said on Thursday that the two business units that would emerge from its planned separation of electric and conventional car production could both employ 10,000 staff by 2023.
Renault said it was looking into the option of creating two separate entities to deal with a major shift towards fossil-free vehicles and would present the progress of these studies at a capital market day in the autumn.
“The aim of these strategic reflections is to adapt each technology, drawing on the group’s strengths and expertise on its various markets and within the Alliance”, Renault said.
The automaker reiterated that jobs dealing with electric vehicle production would be bundled inside France, while its workforce for traditional cars will be situated abroad.
Sources previously this year informed Reuters that Renault’s CEO Luca de Meo wanted to move ahead with plans to split up the group.