Hyundai finishes Boston Dynamics acquisition from SoftBank

by SpeedLux
Boston Dynamics

SoftBank Group said on Monday that Hyundai Motor Group had finished the acquisition of robotics firm Boston Dynamics.

The deal, which was announced in December 2020 and valued the maker of the “Spot” robot at $1.1 billion. It gives the automaker about 80% stake with SoftBank retaining the remaining 20%.

Hyundai had then said on that the deal would help it expand automation in its automobile factories and design autonomous cars, drones, and robots, as it seeks to transform itself from a manufacturer into a broader mobility service provider.

Boston Dynamics, which was spun out from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1992, was purchased by Google in 2013 and sold to SoftBank in 2017.

You may also like

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.


SpeedLux is a high-authority automotive blog providing the latest automotive news and reviews. SpeedLux covers everything related to cars, bikes, and motorcycles, from news and reviews, to troubleshooting guides, tips and tricks, and more. SpeedLux was born in 2009 and we have over 20,000 articles published on our blog. We thank all our readers, as well as our partners, without whom we could not have reached this level.


©2009 – 2024 SpeedLux – Daily Automotive News and Reviews. All Right Reserved.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More