Renault logo

Renault’s eight-year plan can turn round automaker, says CEO

French automaker Renault will unveil an eight-year plan by 2020 as the group contends with a demand decline exacerbated by the coronavirus crisis, Chief Executive Luca de Meo said in a newspaper interview published on Sunday.

De Meo had flagged last month that the automaker might have to dig deeper than the 2 billion euros ($2.3 billion) of cost cuts it has already laid out to return on its feet after a sustained decline in revenues since 2018.

The arrest of former CEO Carlos Ghosn in Japan in November 2018 over alleged financial misconduct also had a significant impact on the management of the automaker.

“The next two years will be tough. We have an eight-year plan that we will be announced in January, and we can turn it all around,” Luca de Meo informed El Pais newspaper without providing specific detail on the plan.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.