The Mercedes C-Class Coupe may not have been around for a very long but a latest report is indicating that the next-generation model will drop that name and revive the CLK moniker.
The CLK model will be offered as a coupe and convertible and will reportedly be known as a highly emotional driver’s car that combines attractive styling with a sporty driving experience.
Engine options are not clear as of now but we can expect the following options:
• 2.2-liter CDI four-cylinder engine with outputs of 170 HP (125 kW), 204 HP (150 kW) and 231 HP (170 kW)
• Turbocharged 1.6-liter four-cylinder with output of 156 HP (114 kW)
• Turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine with outputs of 184 HP (135 kW), 211 HP (155 kW) and 252 HP (185 kW)
• Twin-turbo 3.0-liter V6 engine with output of 333 HP (245 kW)
• 4.0-liter V8 engine with output of 462 HP (340 kW)
The model is also expected to ride on the company’s modular rear-wheel drive architecture (MRA) which should result in a more spacious cabin and a lighter curb weight which will be due to making of the doors, roof, front fenders and trunk lid out of lightweight aluminum.